cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5D Mark V 4K Raw Video Recording Problem

vehbigursell
Apprentice

Hello there...

I have a problem. I can not solve. I have 5D mark 4 and I am using Lexar Professional 64GB SD3 XC II 1000x 150MB/s memory card. 

But  ''Movie recording has been stopped automatically ''  showing the error and stoped record.

Formatted  Low- Format memory card but it did not work. No problems with Full HD options.

I can not shoot 4k. Please help me...Smiley Sad

1 REPLY 1

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

If I am reading your model number correctly, you just may have “too much” card.  I think your card is UHS-3 compatible, which is a performance specification that is not compatible with your camera.  Stick to UHS-1, UDMA 7.

When you say that you tried a low level format, what does “did not work” mean?  That sounds like the card did not format properly, but I think you mean that reformatting the card did not fix your issue.  Right?

There are limits on file size when you are recording video.  These limits are imposed by the formatting used on the card, which is determined by the size of the card.  One minute of 4K video will consume 4GB of storage space.  Your 64GB card can only store a maximum of about 15 minutes of 4K video.

Another reason for recording to be stopped automatically is when the image sensor begins to overheat.  There are two types of icons that appear, and being flashing, warning you that the sensor is overheating.  Shut down is imminent, and you need to give it a rest.

Everything that I have described is covered in more detail in the Instruction Manual.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements