Canon Community Canon Community

Occasional Contributor

5D Mark IV

Hi all,

5D mark IV Dual Pixel Raw enable or disable ?

I read some reviews online, but I would like to hear the best advice and comments from the community.

Cheers.

Honored Contributor

Re: 5D Mark IV

@tmc784 wrote:

Hi all,

5D mark IV Dual Pixel Raw enable or disable ?

I read some reviews online, but I would like to hear the best advice and comments from the community.

Cheers.

What software do you plan to use to post process the RAW files?  That is your answer.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't rent software. I use Photoshop CS6, ACR 9.8 and Lightroom 6.8 ."
Reputable Contributor

[ Edited ]

If you have it enable you can with DPRSplit extract the second raw file and increase DR with around 1 Ev.

---------------------------------------------------------
My Swedish blog

M5, 7D, 6D, D30, 300D, 30D, 1000D IR, EOS DCS 3c, EOS D2000, 16-35/4L IS, 100/2,8 Macro, 70-200/2,8L IS II, 24-105/4L, 85/1,8, 50/1,4, 24/1,4L II, 300/2,8L IS, Helios 58/2

Darktable, RawTherapee, Photomatix, Luminance HDR, GIMP 2.10.6.
VIP

Personally I would not use it. Right now, too old to change I guess.  It makes a big file even bigger and it doesn't always improve the shot from what I have heard. No first hand experience my self.  I will bet all software companies will support it at some time.  Adobe has confirmed they're adding the 5D Mark IV’s dual pixel raw technology into Lightroom. This includes Adobe Camera Raw. Canon may not disclose how it works but it is to Canon's benefit to have PS and LR support it.

I would not be surprised if they don't help Adobe out a bit.  All pros use LR and PS, and they are the ones that buy this type of camera. Its just a fact.

EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV, along with less other stuff.