cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5D Mark IV video workflow?

Macgomes
Apprentice

Hello everyone,,

I'd like to hear some tips concerning 5D Mark IV video workflow. To be precise, I'd like to find better ways of managing the video material, cropping/trimming it etc. Two questions, then:

1) So far, I've been going through the material I've shot using EOS Movie Utility, which is not exactly a versatile program. Is there another program, like, say, Faststone Image Viewer (that I use for stills) for browsing video folders more conveniently? One that would handle 5D Mark IV 4K mjepg files. I'd also appreciate being able to rename files, delete files and so on.

2) Is there a way of cropping/trimming the videos off-camera? As you know, the files are huge, and I have a lot of clips that contain only a small segment of useful material. The rest might as well be deleted. I'm looking for an easy way of doing this, preferably directly on the original files.

(I have Adobe Creative Suite, and I know I can import the file to Premiere, then export as a new file using some lossless codec, delete the old file etc. but it's a very time-consuming way of doing things.)

Thanks for your help!

0 REPLIES 0
Announcements