Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

5D Mark IV tethering to EOS Utility not working

I had the perfect system for myself when I had a 5D Mark II.  I tethered to EOS Utility; downloading just a JPG.  Saved it to a certain folder.  That folder in turn was a watched folder in Lightroom automatically bringing the files into Lightroom.  A little slow but worked for me without spending any extra money.

Since I've purchased my 5D Mark IV the tethering is not working.  It will work for a few shots and then the Camera shows "BUSY" and will not transfer files to the computer.  No length of wait time causes it to be "unbusy".  I have updated the EOS Utility software and I am using the cable that came with the camera. 

Please advise. 

Thanks,

Pamela

Product Expert
Product Expert

Re: 5D Mark IV tethering to EOS Utility not working

Hello pcather, 

We are sorry this is the case.  Do you mind letting the community know what version of EOS Utility that you are using? 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
New Contributor

Thanks for the quick reply

EOS Utility 3 ver 3.10.0.0
Product Expert
Product Expert

pcather, 

We recommend a complete un-installation of the Canon software and then re-install from the web site.  

If possible, we also recommend attempting the installation on another machine to see if the issue persists.  

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
New Contributor

I will give it a try. Thanks