cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5D Mark IV good in very low temps?

crockny
Enthusiast

I have the 5d Mark III which has been fine shooting in the teens, but looking at the write up for 5d Mark IV I see Operating Temperature 32-104 degrees!  I don't remember seeing anything like that for the Mark III.   Does the Mark IV not do well at low temperatures?  I shoot ice and will be taking it to Iceland in January ...

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Just replied to an earlier post from another user who wants to take his RP into a -10 environment.

Thread Is Here

Not identical but both body's will share some similarities. 

Decreased battery life

Possibility of condensation

Some camera operation might be affected, LCD screen could freeze. 

The 5D4 will be similar to the 3.  The recommended operating temperature range is the manufacturer saying their camera will perform best under these conditions.  This includes the battery. 

You already know the camera will work.  Bring bags, keep your batterys warm and let us know how it goes.. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks - I just never saw that info in the Mark III write up...I've definitely had battery problems with temps in the teens and leave my camera in the camera bag when taking it indoors ... 

S

Rustami
Contributor

It worked just fine at  -20 Celcius. We shot a video.

Announcements