Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor
Accepted Solution

5D Mark IV file name problem

In the File Name menu, I changed the User Setting 1 to GK54, then selected that File Name. It shows that file name on the screen.  But when the image files are written (RAW CR2), the file name is _K54.  This worked correctly on my 1DX and 5D3, but not on the 5D4.  Any suggestions?

VIP

Re: 5D Mark IV file name problem

[ Edited ]

@GlennK wrote:

In the File Name menu, I changed the User Setting 1 to GK54, then selected that File Name. It shows that file name on the screen.  But when the image files are written (RAW CR2), the file name is _K54.  This worked correctly on my 1DX and 5D3, but not on the 5D4.  Any suggestions?

There is another setting that causes this to happen.  I forget which one.   Color space?  Read the section in the manual on setting custom file names.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't rent software. I use Photoshop CS6, ACR 9.8 and Lightroom 6.8 ."
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

You most likely have Adobe RGB selected rather than sRGB.

Capture.PNG

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X, Rebel T5i, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, MX472, LRCC Classic
New Contributor

Thanks so much jrhoffman75.  That solved the file name underscore problem. I have no idea how the color space setting got changed.  Thanks again...

Highlighted
New Contributor

Thanks Waddizzle. It was color space that caused it...