cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5D Mark IV Shows "FULL" when trying to remote shoot using Digital Photo Professional 4

Rational1
Contributor

If I use WiFi to tether my Mark IV to my Windows 10 desktop computer I can successfully open Digital Photo Professional 4 and control the camer, EXCEPT for actually taking a picture.  When the shot is composed and ready to take the message window to the left of the on-screen shutter release button has a warning message that states "No more shot [sic] is available."  If I press the shutter release on the camera the topp display flashes "FULL" in the upper left corner where white balance is displayed.   There is a freshly formatted (in camera) SD card and a freshly formatted (in camera) CF card.  If I close out of the EOS utility I can shoot thousands of photos.  Any advise on what I am doing wrong that causes the remote shooting window to show "FULL" ???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Does your app have write access to the folder?  You might try running the app as administrator.

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26

Yes, as shown below.  However, you can shoot tethered directly from the EOS Utility and do not need to use DPP.  I have DPP 4.11.0.2 (most recent) and if I wish to use DPP I have the following destination set (which also shows up in the EU shooting window):

Ashampoo_Snap_Sunday, December 8, 2019_11h55m04s_007_.jpg

I have a 5DIV. I have just downloaded the software, installed it and connected to my PC via the cable. It all worked flawlessly.

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

@Tronhard - I'm glad that everything works for you, but what I am looking for is possible reasons why it does NOT work for me. Smiley Frustrated

That was not my point - think about it...  If I am downloading the same software as you then the fact that it works for me should suggest we can elimenate the software from the suspects list.

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

The camera works in untethered mode, so it does not suggest a malfunction in the photo taking and storage to Cards functions.
It does not work in either wifi or cable connection, so that suggests it exists at a point before they come into play.
Unless I am missing something That leaves with the firmware on your camera or a bios ship hardware error...

cheers, TREVOR

@Tronhard  Thank you, that was a very helpful clarification, and a thought process I would not have managed without you spelling it outSmiley Embarassed.  I will re-install the firmware (if it will let me, given that the versions are the same) and if that doesn't work then I'll report back here and contact Canon.  I agree with your logic and it seems the best way to isolate the issue, since everything else appears to work as expected.

You're welcome. Actually I have found one issue with the software. It will not let me change the target directory from the default one in My Pictures\yyyy-mm-ddd to anything else. It says that it does not conform to the default operating systems requirements. Odd... I shall investigate more when I have time.
Good luck with this - trouble shooting is challenging!

cheers, TREVOR

@Tronhard wrote:
You're welcome. Actually I have found one issue with the software. It will not let me change the target directory from the default one in My Pictures\yyyy-mm-ddd to anything else. It says that it does not conform to the default operating systems requirements. Odd... I shall investigate more when I have time.
Good luck with this - trouble shooting is challenging!

The "default directory" reported by DPP seems to be whichever folder that you are browsing through when you click [Remote Shooting].  It seems to give you a choice of the current folder you have open, or the option to select another one.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

@Rational1 wrote:

@Tronhard  Thank you, that was a very helpful clarification, and a thought process I would not have managed without you spelling it outSmiley Embarassed.  I will re-install the firmware (if it will let me, given that the versions are the same) and if that doesn't work then I'll report back here and contact Canon.  I agree with your logic and it seems the best way to isolate the issue, since everything else appears to work as expected.

It sounds like the EOSU cannot communicate with the camera, at all.  Can you set the time in the camera with the EOSU?  Can you download files via USB with the EOSU?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

@Waddizzle  Yes, The EOSU can set all camera settings, change storage locations, download images - again, everything works perfectly except the "FULL" warning which disables the shutter button (whther tethered vis USB or WiFi).

Announcements