cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5D Mark IV Shows "FULL" when trying to remote shoot using Digital Photo Professional 4

Rational1
Contributor

If I use WiFi to tether my Mark IV to my Windows 10 desktop computer I can successfully open Digital Photo Professional 4 and control the camer, EXCEPT for actually taking a picture.  When the shot is composed and ready to take the message window to the left of the on-screen shutter release button has a warning message that states "No more shot [sic] is available."  If I press the shutter release on the camera the topp display flashes "FULL" in the upper left corner where white balance is displayed.   There is a freshly formatted (in camera) SD card and a freshly formatted (in camera) CF card.  If I close out of the EOS utility I can shoot thousands of photos.  Any advise on what I am doing wrong that causes the remote shooting window to show "FULL" ???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Does your app have write access to the folder?  You might try running the app as administrator.

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26

Does your app have write access to the folder?  You might try running the app as administrator.

@CaliforniaDream You, my friend, are a genius! The "FULL" is, in fact, referring to the destination volume. While DPP4 can read, edit and save files in the folder I had selected, when I launch the Remote Shooting app (from DPP4 or EU the Remote Shooting process appears to be unable to write to the folder, thus reporting it as "FULL". If I change to a different directory in DPP4 or EU (it must be a local drive) eveything works fine. Odd that DPP4 can read and write to the folder but the remote shoting window cannot, but you have identified the problem and I can work around it by choosing a local directory. (Running the app as Administrator does not help, just an FYI) THANKS !!!!

Well done @CaliforniaDream and glad @Rational1 got past this without having to send it in for a potentially expensive analysis and likely non-repair.

@Rational1 wrote:

@CaliforniaDream You, my friend, are a genius! The "FULL" is, in fact, referring to the destination volume. While DPP4 can read, edit and save files in the folder I had selected, when I launch the Remote Shooting app (from DPP4 or EU the Remote Shooting process appears to be unable to write to the folder, thus reporting it as "FULL". If I change to a different directory in DPP4 or EU (it must be a local drive) eveything works fine. Odd that DPP4 can read and write to the folder but the remote shoting window cannot, but you have identified the problem and I can work around it by choosing a local directory. (Running the app as Administrator does not help, just an FYI) THANKS !!!!

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Yup, I am still confused.  Which application are you using?  EOSU or DPP4?  

3ADCFDAB-2E67-4DA3-8792-3A6CDC124FD1.jpeg

You are saying that it using DPP4 in the title.  But now you say you are using EOSU.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I apologize - I have tried both, with the same result.  DPP and EU both use the same shooting window which is where I see the problem.  DPP actually launches EU to open the shooting control window, but opening DPP first is not required.  Again, the lack of clarity was my fault, but the "FULL" message appears in the shooting control window whether launched from DPP (View>Remote Shooting Window) or from EU (Remote Shooting).  It is the same shooting control window, regardless of the method used to launch "Remote Shooting"

Brand new camera and memory cards. I removed everything from the body except the (Canon) battery and reset the camera, cleaned the contacts with a very fine microfiber cloth designed for cleaning gold-plated contacts, inserted a brand new memory card (just an SD card, left the CF card slot empty, connected a different lense (all my lenses are Conon lenses). Still no luck with shooting when tethered, regardless of whether the tethering is via WiFi or USB cable. Untethered the camera works perfectly with all lenses and all memory cards - I only get the "FULL" message when tethered.

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@Rational1 wrote:

If I use WiFi to tether my Mark IV to my Windows 10 desktop computer I can successfully open Digital Photo Professional 4 and control the camer, EXCEPT for actually taking a picture.  When the shot is composed and ready to take the message window to the left of the on-screen shutter release button has a warning message that states "No more shot [sic] is available."  If I press the shutter release on the camera the topp display flashes "FULL" in the upper left corner where white balance is displayed.   There is a freshly formatted (in camera) SD card and a freshly formatted (in camera) CF card.  If I close out of the EOS utility I can shoot thousands of photos.  Any advise on what I am doing wrong that causes the remote shooting window to show "FULL" ???

Now I am confused.  Are you trying to use the EOSU or DPP to do Remote Shooting?  Each app works independently of the other app.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements