Canon Community Canon Community

Reputable Contributor

Re: 5D Mark IV Shows "FULL" when trying to remote shoot using Digital Photo Professional 4

You're welcome. Actually I have found one issue with the software. It will not let me change the target directory from the default one in My Pictures\yyyy-mm-ddd to anything else. It says that it does not conform to the default operating systems requirements. Odd... I shall investigate more when I have time.
Good luck with this - trouble shooting is challenging!
cheers Trevor

"All the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
"A good swordsman is more important than a good sword" Amit Kalantri

Technique will always Outlast Tech - Me
Highlighted
VIP

Re: 5D Mark IV Shows "FULL" when trying to remote shoot using Digital Photo Professional 4

@Tronhard wrote:
You're welcome. Actually I have found one issue with the software. It will not let me change the target directory from the default one in My Pictures\yyyy-mm-ddd to anything else. It says that it does not conform to the default operating systems requirements. Odd... I shall investigate more when I have time.
Good luck with this - trouble shooting is challenging!

The "default directory" reported by DPP seems to be whichever folder that you are browsing through when you click [Remote Shooting].  It seems to give you a choice of the current folder you have open, or the option to select another one.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Doctor told me to get out and walk, so I bought a Canon."
VIP

[ Edited ]

@Rational1 wrote:

@Tronhard  Thank you, that was a very helpful clarification, and a thought process I would not have managed without you spelling it outSmiley Embarassed.  I will re-install the firmware (if it will let me, given that the versions are the same) and if that doesn't work then I'll report back here and contact Canon.  I agree with your logic and it seems the best way to isolate the issue, since everything else appears to work as expected.

It sounds like the EOSU cannot communicate with the camera, at all.  Can you set the time in the camera with the EOSU?  Can you download files via USB with the EOSU?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Doctor told me to get out and walk, so I bought a Canon."
Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Waddizzle  Yes, The EOSU can set all camera settings, change storage locations, download images - again, everything works perfectly except the "FULL" warning which disables the shutter button (whther tethered vis USB or WiFi).

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

Does your app have write access to the folder?  You might try running the app as administrator.

Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CaliforniaDream You, my friend, are a genius! The "FULL" is, in fact, referring to the destination volume. While DPP4 can read, edit and save files in the folder I had selected, when I launch the Remote Shooting app (from DPP4 or EU the Remote Shooting process appears to be unable to write to the folder, thus reporting it as "FULL". If I change to a different directory in DPP4 or EU (it must be a local drive) eveything works fine. Odd that DPP4 can read and write to the folder but the remote shoting window cannot, but you have identified the problem and I can work around it by choosing a local directory. (Running the app as Administrator does not help, just an FYI) THANKS !!!!

Reputable Contributor

Well done @CaliforniaDream and glad @Rational1 got past this without having to send it in for a potentially expensive analysis and likely non-repair.

@Rational1 wrote:

@CaliforniaDream You, my friend, are a genius! The "FULL" is, in fact, referring to the destination volume. While DPP4 can read, edit and save files in the folder I had selected, when I launch the Remote Shooting app (from DPP4 or EU the Remote Shooting process appears to be unable to write to the folder, thus reporting it as "FULL". If I change to a different directory in DPP4 or EU (it must be a local drive) eveything works fine. Odd that DPP4 can read and write to the folder but the remote shoting window cannot, but you have identified the problem and I can work around it by choosing a local directory. (Running the app as Administrator does not help, just an FYI) THANKS !!!!

cheers Trevor

"All the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
"A good swordsman is more important than a good sword" Amit Kalantri

Technique will always Outlast Tech - Me