cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5D Mark IV - How do I see number of photos taken?

ageofgrey
Apprentice

This is such a simple thing but I've looked for over an hour and cannot find an answer anywhere:

Is there a way to see how many photos I have taken on the SD card? Not the number of photos left (possible shots) but the actual number of files on the SD card.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MikeSowsun
Authority
Authority

One simple way is to hit the Info button and look at the photo file numbers of the photos. Just subtract the smaller number of the first photo from the larger number of the last photo.

Under the battery menu it is possible to see how many photos you have taken since you last charged the battery. If you start with a fresh battery and an empty card, that would work too.

Mike Sowsun

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

MikeSowsun
Authority
Authority

One simple way is to hit the Info button and look at the photo file numbers of the photos. Just subtract the smaller number of the first photo from the larger number of the last photo.

Under the battery menu it is possible to see how many photos you have taken since you last charged the battery. If you start with a fresh battery and an empty card, that would work too.

Mike Sowsun

I had not even noticed that number in the review section. I was looking all over for ways to make it appear in the viewfinder. Thank you!!

Announcements