Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Re: 5D Mark IV Freezing up

Hi there,

my camera seems to work now, after the mainboard got replaced twice and the processor once, the dial assy once and some other things at the beginning stages. I handed it to the repairs 5 times over the course of 6 month (on repair warranty).

My camera kept freezing, even without any lens, with a canon lenses, with fully charged canon batteries or cheaper ones. I don't think it had anything to do with the freezing issue. At the beginning stages I managed to get the camera work again by changing batteries, by switching the camera on and off multiple times, by changing the memory card and by switching from video to image mode back and forth. But after a short amount of time the problem recurred until the camera stayed frozen and I had to hand it back to the repairs.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: 5D Mark IV Freezing up

The battery was non canon. When I first got the camera i had an older tameron lens... went up to the canon service center with it and the camera and was told to get the newer tameron lens because the firmware on the older lens wasn’t supported-so we purchased the new model. No issues all season with it. I’m thinking it’s the battery and am going to change it out. Next step is going back up to the center.