cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5D Mark IV: Display Grid?

Davoud
Enthusiast

Setting the grid display to any of the three available modes does not cause the grid to be displayed in the optical viewfinder, but only in Live View. What am I missing? Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

TTMartin
Authority
Authority

Setup Menu, Tab 2: VF grid display: Show

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

TTMartin
Authority
Authority

@TTMartin wrote:

Grrrrr! Thanks! You would think it was an ICBM launcher, requiring two switches.

jodyann11
Apprentice

Is there a choice for 3x3 grid on the 5D Mark IV? All I see is a choice to "Show" or "Hide" the grid. And the only grid is a 6x4. I would like to display the usual 3x3 grid for compositions.

Hello jodyann11, 

The camera has the option within the menu to do a 3x3 display.  You would go into the Menu> Camera 5 Menu> Grid Display.  Pressing this and entering into the Menu will allow you to change the grid display from 3x3, 6x4 or 3x3+diagonal.  

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

@jodyann11 Is there a choice for 3x3 grid on the 5D Mark IV?

The type of grid to be displayed is on tab 5 of the "Shoot" menu (first menu, white camera on red background).

I hope that you sppreciate this reply, as in the process of verifying it on my camera my viewfinder grid—only the viewfinder, not live-view—became stuck on 6x4 and nothing I know to do in the Shoot or Setup menus will return it to 3x3! Smiley Sad

Hi. I'm having the exact same problem. Viewfinder screen stuck on 6X6 display. I'd like to set it to 3X3. The only setting I have been able to change is using the settings tab, turn the grid off which doesn't help. The grid changes work in live view on the LCD, but not in normal camera mode using the viewfinder. Have you had any luck/fixes? Thanks . ~SR

@GiuliettaVeloce wrote:
Hi. I'm having the exact same problem. Viewfinder screen stuck on 6X6 display. I'd like to set it to 3X3. The only setting I have been able to change is using the settings tab, turn the grid off which doesn't help. The grid changes work in live view on the LCD, but not in normal camera mode using the viewfinder. Have you had any luck/fixes? Thanks . ~SR

Did you read the earlier replies in the thread?  Did you read the reply checked of as The Answer?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Y3es, as a matter of fact I have read the earlier replies. I have also read the reply checked "The Answer", which was Setup Menu, Tab 2: VF grid display: Show". This does not solve my problem. I can only view changes in the live view LCD, not the view finder. I have also used the show grid menu on the Tab 5, show grid. Neither option has worked.

It appears that the only option for the viewfinder grid is on/off, ans shown in the wrench menu.  The 3x3, cross grid, etc., are only available in in Live View.  In other words the viewfinder grid has no options other than to enable/disable display of the grid.  You can't set the number of grid lines.

Announcements