cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5D Mark IV Dead Body. NO power

Faxan
Contributor

Hi everyone. I´m photographer from Spain.

Last thursday my 5D MK IV died. I was working and suddenly no batery. I Changed the batery for a loaded one but dont work. The camera is dead. No power, no red led when insert batery. I have read about this issue in some forums. There is many people with this problem. That´s worry. I dont know what is the problem, if is faulty cameras o lens thirds incompatibility that blown the PCB.. I bought the camera in January 2017. I can´t believe than canon allow this in a profesional camera.

Do you know about this problems with 5D MK IV? and if canon repairs this issues for free?

Thanks 

54 REPLIES 54

Sorry for the misunderstanding but by saying, "I have heard people say that or something like Canon is junk because my Canon camera broke." I was referencing what I have heard in the past from various sources. Not implying you thought Canon was now junk.  However, your post does seem to imply switching brands.

"... being burned by the experience of a failure in such a short time..."

Let's consider, there are tens of thousands for Mk IV's out there.  All working as expected.  Some will go 1/2 a million clicks.  Your next one could be that Mk IV. A single camera or even 5 or a dozen or a 100 doesn't define the whole.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

I can see where my post might have implied switching to another brand, but when I look really hard at other brands, Canon always tends to look better to me. I basically dismiss the faulty 5dMk4 I had as an anomally. If you are in to photography, image quality is everything, and that's what my wife and I (who photograph as a team) have always liked about Canon cameras. We have just mounted an exhibit, at a local environmental education center, all photographed with our 6D. We took at least 4000 shots over two years, and distilled everything down to 25 17x25 prints, plus a bunch of 8x10's and photo cards, all made on our Image Prograf Pro 1000. Never a misfeed throughout the whole printing process -- the most dependable printer I have ever owned. The bottom line is, it seems that a new model to replace the 5dMk4 is about due, and the new top mirrorless offering from Canon doesn't seem to be a 1 for 1 replacement for it. What's your take -- is something coming soon? A dslr with a mirrorless, in effect, built in?

"What's your take -- is something coming soon?"

I never try to guess what Canon will do in the future. I always seem to get it wrong. They don't do as I think they should any ways. But what the heck do I know? I just spent five decades doing photography for career and hobby that's all.

The end of the DSLR is coming that for sure.  When?  A few more years perhaps ten?  No matter what, no pro level mirrorless is being made today.  Are there good mirrorless, of course. They still suffer from a few issues.

EB

I agree that the DSLR will be a thing of the past in time. I think the new 1Dx MkIII is a hint as to where Canon is going with the DSLR - it is basically a DSLR with a mirrorless hiding inside - but I just can't afford it. It will be interesting to watch what happens.

"...  it is basically a DSLR with a mirrorless hiding inside ..."

I am afraid I don't follow or agree with that. My 1DX and I suspect the new Mk III which is similar have nothing to share or in common with a mirrorless design.  Agree it is an expensive body.

EB
Announcements