cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5D Mark III shutter/picture issue

leewang
Contributor

Recently I bought RC-6 IR remote for my 5D and took some pictures with it and everything worked fine. Yesterday I picked up my camera again and tried to shoot a picture and it worked, however when I tried taking the next picture my camera was not responding. I could press the shutter half way and focus works, but no picture could be taken at full press. Then I was able to take pictures with the shutter when I went into picture preview but only at half press. I have tried updating the firmware and hard reseting the camera but it did not work. I can still take pictures with the IR remote totally fine. Does anyone have an idea on how to fix this?

12 REPLIES 12

"Probably like 4-5 years ago, it's hard to recall at this point."

It is way out of warranty then. But as suggested above I would call Canon and at least get an estimate. A new shutter would not be too costly if that is what it is. Maybe a few hundred bucks. And, if that is the case it would be almost like a new camera.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Yea calling Canon is probably the next thing I am doing. I actually tried calling them earlier today but after a 40 min hold time I got nothing. Will try again another day.

Call Canon 1 (800) 652-2666

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements