Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
New Contributor

5D Mark III focus spot doesn't stay on long enough to know where I am focusing.

I just bought the 5D Mark III and today I went to try it out at the zoo.  When I look through the view finder and try to auto focus, the little AF point doesn't stay on long enough to know where I am focusing.  Is there any way that you can program it to stay on permanently or at least longer then 1 second.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: 5D Mark III focus spot doesn't stay on long enough to know where I am focusing.

Figured out what I was doing wrong, didn't have AF point display during focus on Constant.  I knew it had to be something simple.  Well back to the Wild Animal Park to do more shooting, better next time I hope.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: 5D Mark III focus spot doesn't stay on long enough to know where I am focusing.

@Litespeed wrote:

Figured out what I was doing wrong, didn't have AF point display during focus on Constant.  I knew it had to be something simple.  Well back to the Wild Animal Park to do more shooting, better next time I hope.

A minor speedbump in getting to know your new camera. If you're like most of us, you're going to love your 5D3.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
Highlighted
New Contributor

Already love it and once I get everything figured out it will be ever better.