cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5D Mark III Green frames on the footage - is it dying?

Carolbellyflop
Apprentice

Hello,

Recently I had, on multiple video files, a green flashing frames - sometimes at the beginning of the clip, sometimes in the middle of it. 

I was wondering if anyone here had a similar problem with footage filmed on 5D Mark III and how it can be resolved.

The shutter speed is at 60% of its life so I know we will have to get a new camera but I was hoping it will be later rather than sooner. We also use the camera mainly for filming but occasionally we take photos too.

Do these green frames indicate camera dying or is it something else? Please help!

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@Carolbellyflop wrote:

Hello,

Recently I had, on multiple video files, a green flashing frames - sometimes at the beginning of the clip, sometimes in the middle of it. 

I was wondering if anyone here had a similar problem with footage filmed on 5D Mark III and how it can be resolved.

The shutter speed is at 60% of its life so I know we will have to get a new camera but I was hoping it will be later rather than sooner. We also use the camera mainly for filming but occasionally we take photos too.

Do these green frames indicate camera dying or is it something else? Please help!

Thank you!

I suggest that you contact Canon.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Thanks, they said it will take up to 7 working days to reply. It's weirdo though that only video footage is affected, photos are fine...

Announcements