Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
New Contributor

5D Mark II both screens not working

Hi Guys,

Thought I'd run a problem by here before I took the camera into the shop for repairs.

I have a 5d Mark II with a relatively low shutter count, it's been working perfectly till today, when I noticed both the rear and top lcds have stopped working. Shutter still works, and the rear lcd seems to turn on, but is black and if it's on for a while will show a sort of 'matrix' of faint fine lines.

Has anyone experienced this kind of thing before? Seems weird that both displays stopped working at the same time. No liquid damage, no shock damage.

Cheers

Highlighted
VIP

Re: 5D Mark II both screens not working

The only thing you can do is a hard reset.  If that doesn't work it needs service.

Remove "both' batteries for 30 minutes. Fully charge the main battery and buy a new clock battery. Install them and hold your head just so and stand on one leg and dance and cross your fingers perhaps you will get lucky.

EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and several lenses!