cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5D Mark II EOS utility software

koenmalfait
Contributor

Hi all,

Having trouble connecting my mark II to my macbook.

All forums and tutorials tell me to install the EOS utility software but when I look at software download from the Canon site, it's not there for download. Should I download the one for Mark III?

k

13 REPLIES 13

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Yes. If you download the EOSU 3 installer it will also install EOSU 2. It says that in the details of the application download. EOSU 2 is the one for the 5D Mark II. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Downloaded it but it gets stuck on "Connect a EOS Camera".

It cant seem to find my mark ii. Thought it would be a MacOs Catalina problem so I upgraded to big sur last night but still the same problem.

First check if the computer is recognizing your camera.

Open the Image Capture app and see if your camera shows up.

Image Capture 2021-01-20 09-36-19.jpg

Once you know your camera is recognized go to the Canon Utilities-EOS Utility-EU2 folder in your applications folder and double click EOS Utility 2.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

ImageCapture does not show my camera.

Interestingly, as I was trying to connect it, my liveview/sharing button turned blue at some point and allowed me to transfer pictures to my computer. So there's a connection but no software recogizes my camera right now.

Can this be because of a seeting on my camera itself?

Appreciate your help!

Jcbpolcon
Apprentice

I downloaded it for my 5D Mark II yesterday using the Mark IV field while speaking to tech support and that worked. Icon went into my dock as EOS Utility not EOS Utility 2 as before.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Page 186 of the manual describes that.

If all you want to do is get images to computer looks like you won’t need EOSU.

If you want EOSU for other reasons you will need someone else to jump in since it works with both my cameras.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

I'm trying to tether my camera to a computer so i can see the image directly into capture 1.

Wonder if its a problem with my USB port.

Could i do that through the HDMI?

k

If the camera is downloading images to your computer then there isn't a problem with the USB port.

I don't believe the HDMI port can be used for anything other than viewing what's on the card in the camera.

Do you have access to a different computer to try or anyone who can give direct assistance?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

I tried on two different computers and the problem is on both.

I'll try a third computer now.

k

Announcements