cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5D MKII mirror not fully retracting?

3dpete
Contributor

Just checking to see if there is an easy fix for this.  My best guess is the mirror is not fully retracting.  It only makes half of the familiar shutter sound. Photos and video end up like the "straight from camera" samples below.  There is no obstruction in the viewfinder.  The lens / autofocus all work fine (EF 24-105). With the lens off, the mirror mechanism seems to be fine, moves up and down, no visible broken hinges.

canon5D-error.jpg

11 REPLIES 11

Already checked youtube for DIY videos, nothing specifically for the that motor but i did watch one to replace the shutter and it was VERY involved.  I like a good challenge but my lack of tools, poor eyesight and arthritis say otherwise here.

I have a Diamondback Response XE. I used to ride it with my backpack and cameras to some pretty interesting and exciting places.  The last several years it has sit in the garage waiting for me to go again.

It isn't too difficult to carry two 1 series cameras and a few smaller lenses but some of the bigger teles pose a real challenge.  I mean!

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements