cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5D MK IV AutoFocus Mode Selection Button

coop_jeff
Apprentice

I had just recently had my 5D serviced/cleaned and firmware through Canon.

Prior to sending it in, I had the AutoFocus mode selector button (the button on the back with the 5 dots in a plus shape in a box) programmed in a way that you can press it directly to cycle through the autofocus modes without having to use the multifunction button. I cannot find how I did that. Can anyone provide instruction on that?

I googled, youtubed looked through the manual but am missing it.

Thanks all.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@coop_jeff wrote:

Hello John - That is not the one...You could repeatedly press the AF selection button without hitting any other button.  I am still digging - it is a quest

What about the top of page 144.  I do not see anything like what you describe, at all.6BD7AAC3-0F24-47C9-8B08-5BDFEEF4566F.jpeg

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

wq9nsc
Authority
Authority

You are looking for AF area selection method, I don't have a 5D4 but it is probably the 4th tab under the AF section of the menu.  Press menu, scroll to AF and then look at tab 4.

Rodger

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video

Thanks Roder - I went all through that and cannot find it.  I seem to recall I was watching an on line tutorial or "how to set up" video.  I seem to recall that it was pretty obscure.

Obviously not a super urgent matter because I can use the slanted button or multi function, but it is funny, I did use that functionality.

Make sure you aren't in the "green" full auto position of the mode dial, you have to be in one of the other modes to have full access to the menus.

Rodger

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video

Rodger - Thanks, I am in full manual mode.  I will play around with some of the semi modes. and see if that makes a difference.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Is top of page 504 of manual what you are looking for?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Hello John - That is not the one...You could repeatedly press the AF selection button without hitting any other button.  I am still digging - it is a quest

@coop_jeff wrote:

What about the top of page 144.  I do not see anything like what you describe, at all.6BD7AAC3-0F24-47C9-8B08-5BDFEEF4566F.jpeg

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements