cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5D M4, in Tv mode and ISO

Balvant
Apprentice

5D M4, in Tv mode, camera is ignoring selected ISO, behaves as if  AUTO ISO is selected. Works fine in P,AV and M mode. I know that for Av and P, there is a setting to switch to AUTO ISO for a min. shutter speed. But what is making camera to select AUTO ISO in Tv mode?Man Sad

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

diverhank
Authority

I suspect that at one time, while in Tv mode you have set one of the options for ISO shift like this one.  For each of the mode, the camera will remember your changes just for that mode until you change it:

Capture.JPG

================================================
Diverhank's photos on Flickr

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

diverhank
Authority

I suspect that at one time, while in Tv mode you have set one of the options for ISO shift like this one.  For each of the mode, the camera will remember your changes just for that mode until you change it:

Capture.JPG

================================================
Diverhank's photos on Flickr

You are correct! I called Canon Tech support, he had no clue, made me reset camera settings and c-function settings. It worked after that , he said he had no idea why! All I had to do is what you suggested. Thanks a lot.

Whenever anything funky happens, reset the camera.  You'll live longer. Smiley Happy Well maybe not longer but you will be happier so it will seem longer. Smiley Wink

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements