cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

400D picture problem

DannyBoy999
Apprentice

Hello,

I am expriencing an issue with the photos taken on my EOS 400D. Every picture has a small circular artefact on them in the same plac which I'm guessing is a piece of dust caught somewhere in the camera. See example below, just above the nose of the aircraft. The issue is apparent regardless of the lens I use, so is related to the body of the camera. I've taken it to jessops and had the sensor cleaned but this made no difference. Would welcome advice on how to get the issue resolved.

IMG_4603.JPG

2 REPLIES 2

MikeSowsun
Authority
Authority

It looks like sensor dust to me. Take it back to Jessops and ask them to clean it again. 

Mike Sowsun

cicopo
Elite

I shoot model aviation so have a lot of experience with shooting at the sky. Sensor dirt shows up more at small apertures than at wide ones. Although not the perfect solution I set my cameras to an ISO that allows me to shoot at the sky at apertures in the f8 to f11 range which helps reduce the effect. This of course also depends on you not shooting in Auto.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."
Announcements