cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3rd party better damaged my 70D

balf
Contributor

Hello there.

The other day went for a shoot and wanted to use my 70D as a B camera to my c100Mk2. My 70D was functining perfectly and it had been used not that much anyway.

As it was a long shoot I borrowed last minute a battery from a friend a Hahnel extreem HLX-E60 as my friend has a 5D Mk3, so though it was a good 3rd party battery.

First part of the shoot went well using my original canon battery.

Then I used the Hahnel extreem and after a few minutes I noticed some vertical lines (noise) apperaing on the screen of the 70D.

At the end of the interview the camera was frozen and had to take the bettery off to switch it off.

To cut the story short now the camera even with the original battery inserted is not working.

There are vertical lines on the screen all the time, it does not record footage anymore and when taking photograps it says error 70.

Basically as far as I can see it's well gone!

I think I have the answer. But do you think that this is the result of using the 3rd party battery?

Any experience with 3rd party batteries, positive or negative?

Thank you!

Alfredo

10 REPLIES 10

Ernie,

Agree, I've just been lucky.  And it's not representative of 3rd party eqiupment at large.   

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements