cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

35mm 1.4 not focusing on subject

hawker_93
Apprentice

Hello, my wife shoots this on her 5d mark III, recently only this lense (her main) has stopped focusing where she places focal point. Excuse my lack of correct terms, but she shoots with the single point and manually puts point where she wants it focused on. And it seems to bounce to the side or up or down on focusing when she shoots. We've tried calibrating and that doesn't seem to fix anything. Also have tested other lenses and they work fine. Is there a way to remedy this problem? Really needing to get this fixed. Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

Mark35mmF2
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

If the selected focus point is shifting to an adjacent point when she initiates focus, it sounds like the camera may be set to [AF Point Expansion (Manual selection)]. I would use pages 74-76 (manual linked below) to make sure the camera is set to [Single Point AF (Manual selection)] or even [Single-Point Spot AF (Manual selection] to use an extra small focus point.

https://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/8/0300007348/06/eos5d-mk3-im8-en.pdf

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

The very first thing to do is set all focus adjustment back to none.  Second reset your camera back to factory default.  You have set something either on purpose or accidentally wrong.

Menus, tools, clear all settings and clear all custom settings.  This is the answer when any unexpected behavior and/or  unexplained behavior happens. All will be as it should be afterwards.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements