cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

30D file names not correct

thearborist
Contributor

EOS 30D: Recently the camera started naming the image files differently.  The files are now _MG_xxxx, with an underscore instead of “I” in the first character.  How did this happen, and more importantly, how do I correct it?  The 30D does not have an optional naming feature.

5 REPLIES 5

hsbn
Whiz
Because the color space has been changed from sRGB to adobe rbg.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weekend Travelers Blog | Eastern Sierra Fall Color Guide

Well, that’s simple enough.  Changed back, and problem solved.  Not sure why I made that change in the first place.

Thanks.

I use Adobe RGB all the time... It's a wider color gamut. It's not needed for many things, such as JPEGs online and many printing processes. But it's easy to change to sRGB for those purposes, yet keep the RAW file with the full gamut for other purposes or future needs.

You can always reduce an Adobe RGB file to an sRGB. Going the other way... you can rename it, but can't actually expand an sRGB to Adobe RGB. If you don't have the data captured in the first place, there's no going back and getting it.  

Alan Myers

San Jose, Calif., USA
"Walk softly and carry a big lens."
GEAR: 5DII, 7D(x2), 50D(x3), some other cameras, various lenses & accessories
FLICKR & PRINTROOM 

Thanks, Alan.  I knew there was a reason I changed it.  Now just need to find a way to change the names easily in Aperture.

If you shoot RAW then color space is irrelevant. You can set it to sRGB or RGB, it doesn't matter. Color space only affects JPG.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weekend Travelers Blog | Eastern Sierra Fall Color Guide
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements