cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

300D and Vista - Need help!

Django
Apprentice

Hey guys!

I've been trying to get my 300D to work with Vista for ages and I am just about to give up. I have installed every driver, program etc from the Canon support page for 300D Vista but it won't work.. My camera won't register and so it says I have no picstures on my memory card. I have a ton of pics on my cards and can view them on the camera itself so they're not empty.

Really appriciate any help!

6 REPLIES 6

hsbn
Whiz
You can use card reader or use the EOS Utility to download the image from your camera.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weekend Travelers Blog | Eastern Sierra Fall Color Guide

The EOS Utility cannot register my camera. Guess I will have to find a card reader, thanks

It should. What is the communication setting of your camera? Is it set to NORMAL or PTP. Are you trying to download JPEG or RAW photo? If I'm not mistaken (somebody may correct me on this since it has been a while), EOS Utility only connect if your camera communication is set to PTP. You can switch between NORMAL/PTP to find out.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I changed the settings to PTP. Now I can access my pics through My Computer but still not through the EOS Utility, oh well I'm just so glad I can finally get my pics out! Thanks a lot Smiley Happy

Cool, glad I can help.

Can you mark this as Resolved? So other may find it useful in case they run into similar problem 🙂
Announcements