cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 EF lenses that don't work with the Canon Adapter EF-EOS M

runbei
Contributor

The mount adapter ef-eos m does not work properly with two Canon EF lenses: the 50mm F/1.8 II, and the 50mm F/2.5 Compact-Macro.

The Canon M50 body with mount adapter ef-eos m does not focus properly with these lenses except at close distances. Infinity focus, and focus at distances of about 50-75 feet with both lenses and the mount adapter ef-eos m is not possible, producing out-of-focus images.

Is there a solution?

I used the EOS utility to try to install lens profiles for these lenses on the EOS M50, but I'm not sure if they were properly registered in the camera body - or if there are actually working lens profiles for EF lenses adapted to the M50 body with the mount adapter ef-eos m.

I would be grateful for any help, as these are wonderful lenses, and they focus at all distances brilliantly on the Canon 6D.

Note: My other EF lenses, the 135mm F/2 L, and the 24-105 L IS USM, both work very well with the adapter at all distances.

2 REPLIES 2

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

I suggest that you contact Canon Support about this.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Thanks - I did submit the info in a suggestion form but I'll probably end up calling.
Announcements