cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1t portable hard drive --usable without a computer

sheribaby
Apprentice

I need a 1t  portable hard drive that I can up load my pictures from my 7d camera to the hard drive without using a computer. I dont want the add weight/packing space of a computer on my Church sponsored 2 week Israel trip. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

TTMartin
Authority
Authority

While there are such offerings available, they usually come at such a price premium you are much better off finding a small tablet or netbook computer that can accommodate a card reader and a standard external USB harddrive.

These alternatives give you the added benefit of being able to upload a copy of your photos to the cloud using the hotel wifi. This way if the drive is lost or stollen you still have a backup of your photos available.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

TTMartin
Authority
Authority

While there are such offerings available, they usually come at such a price premium you are much better off finding a small tablet or netbook computer that can accommodate a card reader and a standard external USB harddrive.

These alternatives give you the added benefit of being able to upload a copy of your photos to the cloud using the hotel wifi. This way if the drive is lost or stollen you still have a backup of your photos available.

sheribaby
Apprentice
Thank you, I was considering this option.

At 2 inches tall and 6 inches square, this isn't exactly a space saver, but, it is still interesting.

Canon U.S.A. Announces Connect Station CS100: The Centerpiece That Unites Your Canon Imaging Devices

Announcements