Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

1dx exposure level indicator problem

hi all , im new to this forum and unfortunatley my first post is a shout for help with my 1dx .

just today my beloved 1dx seems to have formed a problem with the exposure level indicator .

when i am shooting in jpeg and half press the shutter the display appears as normal but when i want  to adjust the exposure the adjustable indicator dissapears on some of the settings for over exposed and underexposed but a couple more clicks and it reappears .

the display is worse when shooting in raw as the complete exposure level indicator disappears completly so i have no way of knowing if the exposure is correct .

has anyone had this problem , and is there a fix for it , i have tried rebooting the firmware update but the problems still remains .

im leaning towards it being a hardware problem , but with my limited technical knowledge this is really just a guess .

any help appreciated 

thanks in advance 

mark 

VIP

Re: 1dx exposure level indicator problem

A 1D x !?!

Send it to CPS.  Don't mess with it.

EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV, even less and less other stuff.
New Contributor

Re: 1dx exposure level indicator problem

thanks for the advice , much appreciated