cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1DX MKII only showing 48 or 50 RAW images

bwalley
Contributor

I have a new 1DX MKII

In the viewfinder it shows only 48 frames in the viewfinder for RAW, I thought it would show 99, since it has a buffer of 170.

on my 1DX the 12 FPS shuttre sounds very consistent, on the 1DX MKII it fluctuates, it seems to go up and down.

What causes this?

I am using C Fast 256 GB Cards, tried 2 different ones, brand new.

26 REPLIES 26

I told you above, read this thread:

http://www.canonrumors.com/forum/index.php?topic=29824.0

It's a known problem. It just displays the wrong number, the camera will still work correctly.

bwalley
Contributor
Ray I missed that, thank you.

I thought so glad you called them.

But the mis-matched CF cards is always going to be a problem.  Another problem is how you have the AF system set up.  And of course certain lenses will cause a problem.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

bwalley
Contributor
With 1 c fast card in recording Large RAW only, the maximum shots shown in the viewfinder is 59, but that number is incorrect it seems.

@bwalley wrote:
With 1 c fast card in recording Large RAW only, the maximum shots shown in the viewfinder is 59, but that number is incorrect it seems.

Are you sure you didn't set the camera to record to both cards? If so, the CF slot will limit the rate.  Set to either Standard or Auto Switch card and select the CFast slot.  You should get a number close to 170 if your Cfast card is fast enough.

================================================
Diverhank's photos on Flickr

Yes I am sure and it can't record to 2 cards when there is only 1 C Fast Card in it.

Canon Service can only get their camera they use for support to show 59 images, it is a known issue.

@bwalley wrote:

Actually that number is correct. It is the actual buffer size without relying on the speed of the card to clear previously taken images. That is why 59 is the number listed for RAW images to a standard CF card.

In your test the buffer never got more than half full (31 images remaining).

That number is an indication of 'buffer capacity', NOT, how many images the camera can take before filling the buffer. The 170 figure listed on the table based on the buffer size (59) + write speed of the card.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements