cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1DX II LCD Display Dont Match Pictures Loaded on My Computer

RobD70
Contributor

I have the 1DX II and have been trying to learn how to get the all black background in pictures, without the backdrop. I watched several videos and it looks straight forward and easy,,however it is not cooperating for me. The idea is adjust your settings and get a few test shots til you get an all black background, then introduce a off camera flash. When I take the test shots, it shows them to be all black on my camera lcd screen when I check them, but when I load them on the computer, that is not the case,,,,,the background is lit up. This is without the flash. So when I introduce the flash, its not what I expected. Why would it be doing this? Am I missing something as far as a setting so the LCD shows the picture preview correctly? Its rather frustrating. If I can figure out why this happens, I can play with the flash as far as position and power to figure this out. Any help is appreciated.

Rob

11 REPLIES 11

@ebiggs1 wrote:

"Believe it or not, sometimes using Photoshop is not an option."

The fact is, believe it or not, there are only people that don't know how to use it. That sample would be simple to do and no special camera tricks involved.

I agree.  It would be very easy in PS.  Which is exactly why I did not bother mentioning it.  Do not some photo contests prohibit you from using images created in PS?  Whatever the reason, it was apparent that PS was not the desired solution.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

RobD70
Contributor
The idea is getting it as close as possible in camera, not to have to do it in photoshop. Same as it should be for every picture.
Announcements