cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1D X - Clean HDMI out

messus
Apprentice

Now that we know that the 5D Mark III will be getting clean uncompressed HDMI by April 2013, I think it's time Canon also confirms this feature also will be made available for us who chose to spend even more money on buying the 1D X.

I work with both stills and video, and I bought the 1DX for it's extra low light performance and DR over the 5D3.

Given what we now know, that the much cheaper 5D3 will get clean HDMI out, it will be absolutely unacceptable if the 1DX does not get the same upgrade!! We know it is possible since the 1DC already have this option on 1080p footage.

It would be remarkable if the 1DC and the 5D3 should have clean HDMI out, and the 1DX would not!!

So Canon, please give us who spend all our money on you, what we want!!

Ola

13 REPLIES 13

I really enjoy shooting photos and video on my 1D X. The only thing I want is clean HDMI. The 5DIII has it, why not the 1D X?

I called Canon support this morning about this issue.The woman on the other end of the line was very nice but didn't give me any information that I couldn't get online. I asked her to register a complaint and I also sent in a written request via email.

I'm not expecting my emails to change their mind but if all the 1D X owners complain than maybe Canon will get the hint! It is unacceptable to pay more than $6 and not get a feature that is available on a lower model!

GIVE US CLEAN HDMI ON THE 1D X!!!!!

Steven, and others:  write a review on the camera on the page:  http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/professional/products/professional_cameras/digital_slr_cameras/eos_1d_...

Include all the good stuff about camera, but also your disappointment about lack of clean HDMI output.

Peter_Newcomb
Apprentice

Glad you all are talking about this. I wrote a complaint last night and got a response within a few hours, see below.

I also plan on writing a review within a day or two. I absolutely love this camera, but the dirty HDMI is killing me.

Thank you for contacting Canon product support with your request for a feature update on the EOS-1D X.

Thank you for your input.  It sounds like you really do put this camera to good use, and I hope that we can add a clean HDMI output to the EOS-1D X for you.  Here at Canon, we take feedback like yours very seriously, and I will make sure that your comments are submitted to our suggestion box for review by our management team.  Thank you for taking the time to write to us about this, and please do not hesitate to submit other suggestions or comments in the future.

Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance with your EOS-1D X. Thank you for choosing Canon.

Sincerely...

Well that's a much better response than what was previously given, simply saying 'no'....   We, as high-end consumers don't go for 'no'....

***** But Canon, if you're listening: AT LEAST OFFER THE UPGRADE AS A PAID-FOR OPTION.....    for a reasonable amonnt, I'm sure many would opt for that.....    Or, allow an 'aftermarket' company to create it and sell it  *****

With this done, in good faith, would also make me much more likely to go for a higher level camera (1DC, C300, C500) because it would show that Canon is 'on my side' and willing to listen to customer requests.

The January firmware update has come and gone, and no clean HDMI was included.  I was quite disappointed.

Announcements