Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1D Mark 2

Krisdl16
Contributor
Hey guys quick question!

My canon for some reason won’t turn on!
The batteries are fully charged but no luck.

Any ideas?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yeah. Seems like a battery/charging problem. The battery has to be charged at least 2 to 3 hours to get a full charge. If it stops charging after 15 minutes, then it's the battery problem and not the camera.

Go out and get some help from the repair shop, they may have something for you. NP E3 isn't always immediately available but if you rule out that the camera has a problem, you may consider to buy a replacement battery. Search online. (due to forum rules, can't suggest off brand products)

Post back if you find a solution.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16

TTMartin
Authority
Authority

@Krisdl16 wrote:
Hey guys quick question!

My canon for some reason won’t turn on!
The batteries are fully charged but no luck.

Any ideas?

Double check that the card door is fully closed.

Krisdl16
Contributor
So I checked, the door is completely closed, no luck.

Unfortunately I have seen this before Smiley Sad.  It is probably through and not worth repairing either.  They are great cameras.  I have/had all three versions (II, II n and 2s).  I still use the II n upon occasion.  My Mk II died exactly like you are describing yous.

However, Midwest Camera will repair it if they have parts and if you so desire.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Krisdl16
Contributor
I’m curious though because the batteries are off brand.
And my charger seems to be acting weird, almost like I charge it and they say they’re full and I can unplug them and it acts like they’re empty?

Also, when I put a dead battery in the camera turns on and shows the empty battery flashing.

@Krisdl16 wrote:
I’m curious though because the batteries are off brand.
And my charger seems to be acting weird, almost like I charge it and they say they’re full and I can unplug them and it acts like they’re empty?

Also, when I put a dead battery in the camera turns on and shows the empty battery flashing.

I've had issues with 3rd party batteries not charging in Canon chargers (as you describe) and 3rd party battery chargers over charging genuine Canon batteries. So now I only charge Canon batteries in the Canon charger, and 3rd party batteries in the 3rd party charger.

Krisdl16
Contributor
I’m going to try and see if any of my friends have this battery. It’s a slim chance but I’ll try everything before I say bye lol

Someone said it could be a loose screw inside the camera that’s making it think it’s a dead battery also?

This is what you said............

"My canon for some reason won’t turn on!
The batteries are fully charged but no luck."

Now is this true or not?  I have used the 1D Mk II in all its variants for a long time so I am pretty familiar with it/them.

You need to have a real deal fully charged "Canon" battery.  You need to try it that way.  It is the "only" way !  No 3rd party junk.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Investing in a Canon original LP E19 for your "not sure it will work" 1D Mark 2 seems risky and not a good investment.

Try borrow one from friends or ask local repair shop to check it for you.

It doesn't make sense to pay around $200 for a battery to test your camera. An used 1D mark II can be have for as low as US$260 and it comes with a battery and charger. (check online store selling used camera)

Good luck.

update : the battery is NP E3 (LPE19 is for newer 1D series) It costs US$136 when you buy from Canon online store.

Krisdl16
Contributor
First off. Why would I make a false statement?

Secondly, the top screen turns on only to flash an empty battery.

Thirdly, I will check the local camera store and see if they will check it for me. I’ve worked with them a lot in the past with other things and they are extremely helpful.

Thanks!
Announcements