cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1D MKII N VC buttons not working

soocom1
Apprentice

I just got a used 1D MKII N. The VC controls in the back work, but the FEL, scroll wheel and shutter do not work. 

Is this familiar to anyone? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

soocom1
Apprentice
Well folks... All of you thank you for the time and resoonces.
As it turned out, was that the flex cable that attaches the VC shutter modual to the main computer was detached.

I had a copy of the 1 D service manual copied over to me that showed the screw pattern and process to open the camera up.
I did so, and voila... Aa bit of elbow grease and fending off a 40 lbd puppy saved me $220 of repairs.

Thanks again all.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

It's broke and there is little you can do or worht doing.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Nick2020
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi soocom1,

Thanks for checking in with us.

Perhaps it might help to go into the menu and clear the Custom Functions and the Personal Functions.Beyond that, you could inspect the camera to see if any buttons seem stuck or out of place. If so, try to gently nudge them back into position.

Although you can clear personal functions, the 1D Mk IIn requires a computer with firewire and the supplied software to set any of them. You can try removing "both" batteries for a day for a hard reset but you will still not be able to access the personal settings.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

soocom1
Apprentice
Well folks... All of you thank you for the time and resoonces.
As it turned out, was that the flex cable that attaches the VC shutter modual to the main computer was detached.

I had a copy of the 1 D service manual copied over to me that showed the screw pattern and process to open the camera up.
I did so, and voila... Aa bit of elbow grease and fending off a 40 lbd puppy saved me $220 of repairs.

Thanks again all.
Announcements