cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1 DX- Blinking black square in viewfinder

pup73
Apprentice

Hi everyone,

I apologize if this has been asked before; I did a brief search and couldn't come up with anything. I just got my 1 DX back from a routine clean and check. Perhaps this was always there, but now I notice, that when I am in One Shot or AI Servo, there is a constant black blinking square in my viewfinder, which is separate from my focus points. It is to the far right of the viewfinder "grid" (3 o'clock position)

It is present when, under the "AF point display during focus" option is selected as "Selected (constant)" as well as "Selected (pre-AF, focused).

It is NOT visible when I select the "Selected (focused)" option.

It is also NOT visible when I separate the AF points under the "Orientation linked AF point" option, and shoot is portrait mode?! It IS visible under these settings when I shoot in landscape mode.

Is there any way to disable this What am I missing. I may be craze, but I never noticed this until I received my camera back.

BTW, I have the latest firmware, 2.0.3

Thank you for any info

-C

1 REPLY 1

Mykolas
Authority

Hi pup73!

Thanks for the post.

Pages 22 and 23 of the manual show images of the viewfinder and what each item in the viewfinder is for.  This manual can be downloaded HERE

Looking at the images in the manual, do you find what you are seeing is or do you not see it there?

All I am able to see there to the right side of the viewfinder that is not one of the focusing points is the Exposure Level Indicator. 

Is that what is blinking?

If this is a time sensitive-matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements