cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't find EOS Webcam Utility in the list of the cameras on my Mac

aim_awp
Apprentice

I had previous version of webcam utility Beta. Then I uninstalled it from my mac. After I install Canon Webcam Utility Pro, I can not see EOS Webcam Utility in the list of the available cameras on my mac. I tried install the Webcam Utility 2 few times, but with the same result. Maybe somebody had the same issue.

7 REPLIES 7

Stephen

Hi there!

So the community can help you better, which camera are you using, and which version of the macOS do you have?

You will also find some helpful information at canon.us/livestream 

aim_awp
Apprentice

I have EOS R3 camera (1.6.0 firmware) and iOS Sonoma 14.2.1 mac x86 CPU

I am having a similar problem with getting the Utility for macOS Sonoma 14 and my EOS R8.   The version of the utility available is for macOS Ventura, but it will not install (installation window comes up, nothing happens). I hope you get an answer.

Hazel_T
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi aim_awp,

We updated the EOS Webcam Utility program earlier today to make it compatible with OS14. The update may have been released after your post since it was just updated today. The current version is available HERE. Once you are on the web page click on the Software & Drivers button and the newest version is named EOS Webcam Utility Pro 2.1.18.

Thanks!

Thank you.

Hi. It doesn't work. Yes, now I have camera in the list of the available cameras, but the screen is black. The issue is only with Mac software, PC version is ok. Do you have any other advices? 

click here to view the gallery
Announcements