cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why does my camera (EOS REBEL XS) take blurry pictures

plc4d
Apprentice

why does my camera (EOS REBEL XS) TAKE BLURRY PICTURES?

35 REPLIES 35

Brayden1301
Apprentice
I also need help mine is blurry also

Crazydoglady
Contributor
Thank you so much. That’s exactly what i was looking for! Just tell me what to set it at! I’ve spent so much time trying to figure this thing out! I’ll take some pics and let you know how it goes!

Crazydoglady
Contributor
I am shooting with a 75-300 lens

Crazydoglady
Contributor
Ebiggs THANK YOU!! I just took a bunch of pictures and they are fantastic! I have to get them on the laptop to show you. I still don’t really know why those settings work 🤓 but at least i can get started! I really appreciate your help.

@Crazydoglady wrote:
Ebiggs THANK YOU!! I just took a bunch of pictures and they are fantastic! I have to get them on the laptop to show you. I still don’t really know why those settings work 🤓 but at least i can get started! I really appreciate your help.

The camera settings advice that Ernie suggested is only a starting point.  It is up to you, the photographer, to learn how to adapt to varying shooting conditions and subjects.  Take a look at the first two posts in this recent thread I created.

https://community.usa.canon.com/t5/General-Camera-Discussion/Canon-YouTube-Video-Series/td-p/269237 

I would encourage you to watch all of the videos in the first link, and then watch them again after gaining some experience.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Crazydog lady,

"Ebiggs THANK YOU!! I just took a bunch of pictures and they are fantastic!"

This is exactly what I wanted to hear. It is music to my ears.  Smiley Happy

"The camera settings advice ... is only a starting point."

This is very true.  It does have a caveat though.  Those settings with that camera/lens combo and daylight will almost always give you good results. So, a starting point, yes, but a working point too.

Watch your settings in the viewfinder to make any necessary adjustments.  Perhaps a cloud or two enters in to the shot which will require you to up the ISO for instance.  Or, maybe slow the SS but trying to maintain at least 1/500. As you get more experience and on-the-job-training, if you will, you will get even better. I'd say you are well on your way now so go have fun!

BTW, do share a shot or two!  Smiley Happy

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements