cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

white and color streaks on my pictures

jenniferamirez
Contributor

Hello Canon forum, 

I have a Canon T6i which I've been using for a year now. On my latest pictures I've noticed white and color streaks after downloading them to the computer for review and editing. 

Because I recently bought lenses I thought they were damaged, but later noticed I have these same lines on pictures taken with different lenses for which I discarted it was the lens. 

Nevertheless, when I opened these pictures on Photoshop I wasn't able to see the lines I saw on preview mode, but I did see the image with a lot of blue dots like if it was some kind of blue noise. I've attached a few pics. 

Anyone having the same problem? What could it be? Camera? Memory card?

Thanks, 

Jen

Same pic in photoshop

Screen Shot 2018-05-02 at 12.26.13 PM.png

12 REPLIES 12

@jenniferamirezwrote:
Spoiler
Spoiler
Maybe them Smiley Very Happy

Thank you so much. Will have it checked for the card slot. Perhaps I can also download using the OTG cable instead and verify how that goes. Will keep you all posted in case it happens to anyone else. 

Spoiler
Just for the record, I feel much better knowing that someone else clicked the "Spoiler" button expecting it to open the "Emoticons" menu.    Man Embarassed

"I thought of buying another SD card until my husband's pictures also started showing the white lines. He has the same camera, but a separate unit. It makes me think it could be something related to my Mac? "

Yes I think this eliminates the camera(s) if two separate bodies are exhibiting the same issue.  Look at the Mac or its software.  Also it could be the USB connector or USB cable.

As for the blue spots, there has to be something in the original scene to trigger the shadow warning.  The camera desn't make it up.  if there was not, they won't be there because it didn't get the shadows clipped.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

It would help if you shared the original un-touched RAW file (did you shoot & save as RAW?  ... files would have a ".CR2" extension.)

If you have a Dropbox or Google Drive account, you can upload the file and share the link to it.

Generally when camera sensors fail, you tend to get a line that crosses the entire column or row.  I never see a failure happen in short segments ... so I don't expect this is a camera problem or sensor failure.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da
Announcements