cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

while video taping, the camera says videoing stopped automatically.

jassev
Apprentice

I purchased my canon rebel t2i at Staples, along with a 16GB card with a 10 in the top rt corner.  When recording with my camera, it will often say videoing has stopped automatically. I also cleared everything off the card .  I had it checked today by an employee, but was not sure why that message displays.    He suggested to shut it off and start it up again as it maybe a glitch.   I love this camera, but I need to know why the camera is doing this.  Very frustrating when i am trying to get those special moments with our grandaughter, as they are only here for a short time.  I am very new to this higher classed camera.

Thankyou.  I hope you can steer me in the right direction!!

3 REPLIES 3

jlbanana
Apprentice

Have you tried a bigger memory card?  We were told we needed at least 32GB.  That's what I have, and the video works great on my T4i.

Thx for the quick response. I have not tried a bigger memory card, but I will look into. At Staples they told me my card was the perfect card for my camera. But maybe you are right it needs a bigger memory when videoing. Thx again!

One more thing - sometimes with Canons simply deleting everything doesn't actually clear the space on the card.  You might want to try formatting it as well.

Announcements