cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

when I plug my RodeVideomicPro into my t5i, why does no "manual" adjustments option come up???

flatif
Contributor

So i have a t5i. When i plug in my rode video mic pro to use, and turn it on i go to the "sound recording" area in menu to manually adjust the levels. However, under "sound recording", the only options that come up are "on" and "off" .... no "manual" .. whhhyyyy??? 😞 

9 REPLIES 9

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Capture.JPG

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I already know all this 😞

I need the manual option because otherwise if i rely on the camera to automatically adjust the volume, it doesnt.

When i watch the video in my laptop, theres a high pitch sound to the video becuase the sound has not been adjusted.

Why wont the manual option come up??

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Did you highlight Auto, press Set and scroll to Manual?
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

where is that? i dont see an "auto" ... its either on or off for sound recording even while the mic is plugged in and on... its not giving me any other option to set

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Are you on green square? Maybe the options aren't available unless you are on P or one of the other modes?
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Which is what the * means in the manual - that it is only available in creative zone.

no ive tried 😞 im on the creative auto mode as u suggested now, still no "manual" option 😞 .... this makes no sense because i know when i first started using this, there WAS a "manual" option under sound recording when i would plug the mic in

OH THE manual option came up in the "P" camera mode!!!!! 

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Call 1-800-OK-CANON and they can talk you through it.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements