cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is best quality for taking pics to be transfered to DVD?

jimw
Apprentice
I like to create DVDs (windows DVD maker or movie maker) with accompanying music. User manual addresses settings based upon print sizes etc. I would appreciate advice. Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5

Tiffany

Hi Jimw!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly what equipment you're using and  the computer operating system (Windows XP/Vista/7/8 or Mac 10.x).  Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue.

I'm using the Rebel T3i, EOS 600D. My computer OS is Windows 7. Thanks.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

A hard question to answer with out any further info. But the most important thing to remember is, remember your intended final use or the audience. (the people that will be using your DVDs)

Fine detail makes large files and equals slow response. Speed equals smaller files but quick response and less detail.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

hsbn
Whiz

I assume by creating DVD you meant creating Photoslide show which will be burned into a DVD and playback on a TV.

Most people have full HD TV now a day, so you can make HD slide shows and the final photos should be 1920x1080 pixels in size.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weekend Travelers Blog | Eastern Sierra Fall Color Guide

Thanks hsbn. It made sense to me that the more pixels the better but I didn't want to "assume" that.
Announcements