cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what are major differences between the T5 and the T5i

danp301
Apprentice

What are the major differences between the T5 and the T5i?

5 REPLIES 5

Since both cameras are current, the Canon Web site will let you do a side-by-side comparison. Just go to the EOS page, check the box under each camera, and then hit "Compare Now".

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Thanks for the info everyone; I did the side-by-side on the Canon web site but not being a techie I didn't understand the differences.  Your answers are very helpful!  With the price difference of $300 just trying to decide if it is worth it.

Dan

Skirball
Authority

The "Non-I" versions are Canon's budget line.  They strip out some features and put in some lower quality components so that they can knock the price down a bit and make it more affordable.  It's a lower resolution LCD screen, no flip out screen or touch, lower quality view finder; that kind of stuff.  The sensors are the same, but the T5 uses an older (slower) processor.   Probably the most significant difference in terms of performance is that there isn't any continuous focus in video.  No big deal if you don't shoot video, could be significant if you do.

Hey everyone!

I just wanted to step in (which is not normal) to say something that most people overlook is that the EOS Rebel T5i has a self-cleaning sensor where the EOS Rebel T5 does NOT; also, the T5i can use an IR Remote (like the RC-6), and the T5 can only use cable releases. These are minor things until you need them! 

I hope those two little things help!

Oh, and here is the compare info: CLICK ME

@Stephen wrote:

Hey everyone!

I just wanted to step in (which is not normal) to say something that most people overlook is that the EOS Rebel T5i has a self-cleaning sensor where the EOS Rebel T5 does NOT; also, the T5i can use an IR Remote (like the RC-6), and the T5 can only use cable releases. These are minor things until you need them! 

I hope those two little things help!

Oh, and here is the compare info: CLICK ME

Thanks for weighing in Stephen, that's good to know.

And it's a good example of how the little online comparison charts often overlook or completely omit elements that might really matter to you.  Not being able to use IR would be a deal breaker for me, but many wouldn't care.

Announcements