cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vivitar 58mm SKYLIGHT (1A) 85-205mm 1:3.8 auto zoom adaptor to eos

Krejworx
Contributor

Hi Thanks for the add.I am just new to dslr photography and i would like to use this old lens on my eos 600D.What type of adaptor shall I use.Cheers

4 REPLIES 4

@Krejworx wrote:

Hi Thanks for the add.I am just new to dslr photography and i would like to use this old lens on my eos 600D.What type of adaptor shall I use.Cheers

The 58mm "skylight" is a filter; it's not part of the lens. Unscrew it and throw it in a drawer; you won't need it on a digital camera. A small white balance adjustment in post-processing will have the same effect.

Even if you find an adapter for the lens, it will lack many features that are expected in a digital camera. You'll soon tire of it and wish you hadn't spent the money for the adapter.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Thanks for the info, guess i have to buy proper cheap lens for this camera.Any recommendations?

The "kit" lens (lens included when you buy a new camera with a single lens) is the EF-S 18-55m f/3.5-5.6 IS II (about $199). But there's a new "STM" version which has improved optics and a faster and quieter focus motor which is $50 more and well worth the extra $50.

There's also the EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM which is $549 -- offering a bit more on the long end.

At the high end... there's the EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM which is $829 new and $703 for a refurbished version (Canon does not always have a rerfurb in stock). It's a better lens, faster focusing, and can provide an f/2.8 focal ratio (it gathers more light than the kit lens.)
Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Bad idea.  Save your money.  It is not worth any effort to try and make it work.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements