Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

using canon 700d dslr, and after every 3 to 4 shots, it gives black images

ahsankhan95
Apprentice

using canon 700d dslr, and after every 3 to 4 shots, it gives black images 

7 REPLIES 7

Were you shooting rapid sequences with flash enabled? Maybe the flash was starting to overheat. Most modern flash units will shut themselves down to cool before irreparable damage occurs.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

IMG_4516.JPG

@RobertTheFat wrote:

Were you shooting rapid sequences with flash enabled? Maybe the flash was starting to overheat. Most modern flash units will shut themselves down to cool before irreparable damage occurs.

This is the issue i am facing ri8 now. please asist me to resolve this .

Regards 

Ahsan 

i am shooting it on single shooting mode 

@ahsankhan95 wrote:

i am shooting it on single shooting mode 

There are hints of an image in what you posted. It just appears to be massively underexposed. So I'll stick with my previous guess. The fact that you're using single shooting mode is irrelevant. You can push the button fast enough to overheat the flash if it's firing at full power. And it probably is, since no other light source appears to be active.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

That is a good guess. Take the camera outside in bright daylight and shoot. The flash should not be needed there and if all shots come out ok you know it was probably the flash not firing after the first few indoor shots.
Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?

Or you didn't allow enough recovery time.  Full discharge takes time to recharge whether it is hot ot not.

This is a tiny flash and not designed to fill a big area.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Adding an external flash like the 320EX is an option to correct the issue.

Announcements