cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trade in program

mrkstory
Apprentice

I have a Cannon Rebel XS and the shutter stopped working someone told me Cannon has a trade in program.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Crista
Whiz

Hi mrkstory!

Canon offers the Canon Loyalty Program that allows you to replace your current camera for a discounted fee.  The original non-functioning camera would then be returned to Canon USA for recycling using a prepaid shipping label that would be provided.  If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (800) OK CANON (800-652-2666) seven days a week, 8am to Midnight.  Let them know you have been working with online technical support and the Canon Loyalty Program was offered.  Be sure to have your serial number for your camera at the time of your call.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Crista
Whiz

Hi mrkstory!

Canon offers the Canon Loyalty Program that allows you to replace your current camera for a discounted fee.  The original non-functioning camera would then be returned to Canon USA for recycling using a prepaid shipping label that would be provided.  If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (800) OK CANON (800-652-2666) seven days a week, 8am to Midnight.  Let them know you have been working with online technical support and the Canon Loyalty Program was offered.  Be sure to have your serial number for your camera at the time of your call.

Or you can be like me and let them sit there in the storage room for 50 years.  It is amazing how they seem to multiply.

Anyway they are beautiful and I enjoy picking one up every now and again and remember the times we had.  Some great and some pretty tough.

I would hate to add up the total cost!  Smiley Surprised

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Lilred1999
Apprentice
I have a 30D works amazing, I'd just like to upgrade. I have many accessories. Would those be turned in or do I keep them?

@Lilred1999 wrote:
I have a 30D works amazing, I'd just like to upgrade. I have many accessories. Would those be turned in or do I keep them?

That is a well built camera.  If it works, why trade it in.  Many of your accessories will probably work with a new camera.  Besides, I'm pretty certain that Canon is not interested in accessories, just camera bodies and lenses.

Nearly any of Canon's current DSLRs will have better specifications than your 30D, except in one category....build quality.  I believe your 30D has a magnesium alloy body, which is not something you will find in today's Rebel lineup.  The 7D Mark II has a magnesium alloy body, and it is priced the way your 30D was when it was released.

I say pick out a new camera and enjoy using it.  The improvements in camera bodies and lenses over the last ten years has been significant.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I recently upgraded from my 40D to a T6S.  The 40D was built like a tank, and did a fantastic job, but I wanted to try something lighter and also wanted to move away from the CF card format.

i did very well by selling my old camera online, then buying the new camera through Canon's refurbished online store.  I think this might be the more economical route, so check both paths before committing.

Lilred1999
Apprentice
Could I ask where I'd even start with selling it online?
Announcements