cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

t7 filming direct to pc

jjgood
Apprentice

Hey all!

Got myself a new canon rebel t7, and I'm looking into filming some drawing videos.

As my drawings tend to take several hours, I was wondering what the best method is regarding connecting the camera to the pc for continuous recording in 1080p, and bypasing the 4GB/30m limitations.

Also, what cords would be required? If it's the USB route over the HDMI route, would I be better off with USB 3.0, or would 2.0 do the same job for what I need?

Thank you in advance!

- Jack

4 REPLIES 4

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Sorry.  You can not bypass how the camera functions.  Forget about it.

If you are trying to record a program that you are using, then you do oot even need the camear.  Do web search for capturing video clips using Windows 10.  You purchase apps, or download free ones.  But, the functionality is already built into Windows 10.  Press WIN+G.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

If the camera can be used for streaming/as a webcam, is there not a way to continuously capture footage?

They lower the video quality when streaming to prevent over-heating.

@jjgood wrote:

If the camera can be used for streaming/as a webcam, is there not a way to continuously capture footage?

No.  The camera cannot be used for live streaming.  That is how the camera is made.  It cannot do it.  This is why the camera is so inexpensive compared to other models.  Live streaming requires extra parts and smarts, which increases the cost.

Are trying to record game play?  Or, are you trying to record yourself sitting in front of a screen playing a game.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements