cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

t6s - setting picture style sharpness

Michae1f
Apprentice

Greetings,

I have a newly acquired t6s, and have a couple of questions that perhaps the community could help to answer. For this thread, I see that I have the ability to change Picture Style details, such as Sharpness, Contrast, Saturation, and the like. I can only access these changeable features when set to Program mode, yet to me they seem sort of universal for any and all modes. My question is, if I change these details in Program mode, will the changes now become the default for all modes.

So for example, let's say I want to increase sharpness and reduce saturation on any of the standard Creative Auto settings (Standard, Portrait, Landscape, Closeup, etceteras...). If I change the detail settings in Program mode, will it remain changed in the Creative Auto modes?

thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

To expand on this - "No" is correct for "All", but the change will be retained for the Creative Modes (P, M, Tv and Av).

You can also save up to three modified PSs as User items and then restore the named value to factory.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

For my T5i it's spelled out in the Customizing Image Characteristics section of the manual. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"... if I change these details in Program mode, will the changes now become the default for all modes."

No. Smiley Happy

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

To expand on this - "No" is correct for "All", but the change will be retained for the Creative Modes (P, M, Tv and Av).

You can also save up to three modified PSs as User items and then restore the named value to factory.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Okay, that makes sense. Thanks vey much!
Announcements