cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

t6i busy message when taking picture

buckjamesmd
Apprentice

I got this cnon t6i and evertime I take pictires it says buisy even when I change memeory card, tried using different card ans resseting, but video works ok. 

5 REPLIES 5

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@buckjamesmd wrote:

I got this cnon t6i and evertime I take pictires it says buisy even when I change memeory card, tried using different card ans resseting, but video works ok. 

Does it let you take a picture, and then display “busy” for an extended time?  

Do you “low level format” your memory cards in the camera prior to first use?

What is the brand and model of the memory card you use, and is it a micro-SD card or a regular full size card?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Did you turn on some setting that requires a lot of processing, like HDR? You might try resetting the camera, taking the camera  outside on a sunny day and use green-square mode to take some pictures. Does it still happen?

buckjamesmd
Apprentice
yes it take a picture and is busy for very long, i formated the card ,class 10, but video works fine

Longshot ideas, first try a reset to defaults if not then try taking out the battery and holding down the power on button for at least 30 seconds then replace the battery and try again.

Tim
Authority

Hello buckjamesmd, 

It sounds as though there is an internal issue with the unit which should be evaluated at the closest Canon factory service center.  

You may fill out an online repair request form at the following link to setup your repair using our online service.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/service-repair

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements