cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

t6 cannot update firmware

eyeguy7
Apprentice

I have tried using bth methods of uodating the firware. When I load the firmware onto the card, the camera wont find the file. When I use the EOS Utility, it will not download from an exterior file. 

9 REPLIES 9

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Welcome to the forum.

When you downloaded the firmeare update file did you unzip it?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I did unzip it and move the file.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"...  I load the firmware onto the card, the camera wont find the file."

Are you sure it is not the same version that is already on the T6?  Also, make sure the new FW does something you want or need. If it doesn't address something that is an issue with your camera, thes no reason to update the FW. 

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

My camera currently has version 1.0.2 and this is version 1.2. I can no longer connect my phone to the camera without updating the firmware. That was the error message I am getting from my phone.

That's not entirely true, my camera was running just fine and I updated my firmware and my camera runs much smoother and faster. Moral is, I would have never known my camera could've ran better if i did not bother to update.

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@eyeguy7 wrote:

I have tried using bth methods of uodating the firware. When I load the firmware onto the card, the camera wont find the file. When I use the EOS Utility, it will not download from an exterior file. 

"Exterior file"?  You should use a computer to connect to the camera via USB.   The file should be stored locally on the hard drive.

When you put the file on a memory card, the unzipped file content should be in the room folder of the memory card.  Make sure your memory card is good.  Do not use a micro-SD memory card, which requires an adapter to use in the cameras.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

so micro-sd card isnt good for this? The file is on my laptop. It should work with both the canon utility from laptop to camera as well as direct from the SD card.

"so micro-sd card isnt good for this?"

No! Smiley Sad

If the micro SD car requires an adapter it is NEVER a good idea.

EB

"...direct from the SD card."

This is best, Smiley Happy

EB
Announcements