cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

t4i screen shuts off

chief
Rising Star

the screen will shut off fairly often and pressing shutter halfway does not turn it back on.also after taking picture it will appear on screen for second or less and screen will shut off.I have tried replacing with newly charged battery but that does not seem to matter.sometimes you put you eye up to viewfinder and screen will shut down as it is suppose to but when you back away it does not come back on or will shutter halfway turn it back on.It does not do this all the time but enough to be frustrating

18 REPLIES 18

My info button doesn't give me but one option. My screen won't come on or let me preview an image after I take a shot. I can press the "play" button button to see the image but it used to do it automatically. I'm kinda at a loss.

that is weird mine has 3 options do not know what to say,a thought comes to mind maybe your camera is a knock off????Or is it a T4??? I have never heard of a knock off but.....also when I was shopping for a T$i I was at Wal Mart and they had T4 for really cheap and i thought what is this, I then went home and researched and found out it is a Canon but just not the T4i just a cheaper verson with not all the extras a true T4I has.where did you buy it?

My son bought it from the Camera store he uses in Nashville, TN.   He is a professional photographer so its the real deal.  However yesterday it just fixed itself somehow . . . . . weird . . . . 

scase4250
Apprentice
I had the same problem. The display would not show an image review, pushing the shutter release half-way did not produce a settings menu and the only way I could get the display to react was (1) to push the blue play button to view the last image or (2) to push the DISP button a few times to get a summary of settings or (3) to push the MENU button to get the settings menus.

I tried all of the suggestions, including full factory reset. No good. Turns out, the small rubber eye-piece protector frame had been bumped and had slid up a fraction of an inch - enough to trigger the display cutout which occurs when you have your eye up to the eye piece - but not enough to be obvious nor to prevent a view through the viewfinder.

Pushed the eye-piece protector back down and all functions returned to normal. Hope this helps anyone having a similar problem.

Thank you!  I had tried all of the suggestions and was getting nothing.  Then I saw your post, and that is what it was.  Thank you!!!

You just saved my day. I was about ready to send my camera back for repair

Thank you sir!

Regards,

Maarten

Yes!

Thank you all! I, also, was about to send my camera in. Recently, when shooting a wedding, this problem began to intermittently (doncha hate that?) occur.

I had recently purchased an eyepiece extender, which I really liked. I was shooting at a party last night, and, while this event wasn't a do or die, I was very disspirited to fight it.

Once I pushed the extender down firmly, (today) the problem disappeared.

Yea!

theCharlie

alveron1
Contributor
Wonderful. We have read the entire manual and you solved such simple but frustrating problem. Thank you.

alveron1
Contributor

Announcements